Wellness Coach Tammy Parkinson
For The Love Of Cucumbers
I have a love of cucumbers. I like to munch on them while I’m cooking dinner. They are refreshing and light. In a random search of the benefits of cucumbers, I came across this data and learned a few things about their nutritional value…as well as homeopathic and household values:
1. Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins, and B vitamins help as a catalyst for other carbohydrates, which means they provide assisted energy
2. Cucumbers are 95 percent water and very nutrient rich. Cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day. Don’t forget to leave the skin on because the skin contains a good amount of vitamin C, about 10 percent of the daily-recommended allowance.
3. Healthy for skin and hair. The skin of cucumbers can help for human skin irritations and sunburns just as aloe would be used. Place a slice over puffy eyes and its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness. The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth.
4. Fight cancers – Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
5. Home care – Eliminates a foggy mirror. Before taking a shower, rub a cucumber slice along a mirror and it will eliminate the mirror fogging up. Instead of WD40, take a cucumber slice and rub it along a squeaky hinge and your door will stop squeaking.
6. Relieves bad breath – Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
7. Hangover cure – To avoid a morning hangover or headache; eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish many essential nutrients, reducing the intensity of both hangover and headache.
8. Aids in weight loss and digestion – Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who are looking for weight loss. The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumbers are very effective in ridding the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.
9. Cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure – Cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to be beneficial to diabetic patients. Researchers found that a compound called sterols in cucumbers may help reduce cholesterol levels. Cucumbers contain a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumbers good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.
10. Promotes joint health, relieves gout and arthritis pain -Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. When mixed with carrot juice, they can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels
About the author: Tammy Parkinson
For most of my life I struggled with my weight and nutrition. Through years of constant battling with my weight, I turned a corner when I finally understood what it takes to drop body fat and stay on a healthy nutritional track for life…without compromising my lifestyle. I gave up a career in the corporate field and dedicated my life to helping others turn their corner. From starting Body Firm over 19 years ago, I have grown, sold Body Firm to a wonderful colleague and dedicated my life to Lifestyle and Nutritional coaching solely… one client at a time. The individuals I’ve been blessed to guide had a ripple effect and are inspiring others towards their goals too.
Learn more about Tammy on her website: https://www.mybodyfirm.com